Still ill, still interning, still exhausted every night after work… Updates to come soon.
Ugh so besides totally not being able to go to Fashion’s Night Out tonight (had to work, there was no one else and I get guilted into things way too easily) I have also got myself a cold!! So I’m sick and a tad bit delirious and now I really am about to cry. Check out the latest updates of the big night tonight:
- Fashion mastermind Jane Shepherdson will be at the Whistles flagship store, where the long-awaited Roksanda Ilincic for Whistles collection will be unveiled. Shoppers will be treated to nail art by Wah Nails and refreshed with drinks and canapés.
- Don’t miss the opportunity to have your picture taken by a Vogue photographer in the pop-up Warehouse Style Studio in-store. Exclusive VIP goody bags will be given to all shoppers, plus 10 per cent of all sales on the night will be donated to Crisis – what more reason do you need to shop guilt free?
A worthy cause = more reasons to spend your money! I’ve been to a Warehouse shopping event before and got a goody bag which was surprising good and massive! So I would definitely head here if you’re not looking to spend all of your overdraft
- Guests will be treated to an all-American feast of beer and mini hamburgers at Gap, whilst they watch an exclusive performance by V V Brown, and will have the chance to buy a limited edition pair of Gap rinsed jeans for £19.69, with half the profits from all jeans sold going towards the Global Fund to help eliminate AIDS in Africa for that day only.
I’m addicted to hamburgers atm, it has now become my sick food..
- Matthew Williamson himself will be enjoying FNO Chambord Champagne cocktails with his customers as they compete to win an exclusive bespoke dress crafted by the designer himself.
I will always have a soft spot for Matthew Williamson as he was the first designer to make me think twice about fashion
- For a taste of French cuisine in central London, look no further than Nicole Farhi, where the store will be transformed in to a relaxed brasserie. ‘Nicole’s Creperie’ will be serving sweet and savory crepes with French wine and apple juice from 6pm – 10pm for guests including Vogue’s Fiona Golfar and Jasmine Guinness.
I will always also have a huge soft spot for food..
So I guess since I won’t have any pictures myself from the event I’ll be updating with pictures I can find from the net and various blogs about the festivities going on across the world, not just London. Hopefully I won’t pass out with fever at some point tonight…
How many models can you name?
I’m basically about to cry right now. Basically there is NO WAY I can make it to the Fashion’s Night Out event that is happening tomorrow in London and I’m so annoyed. I tried pretty much everything (including threats), but in the end it didn’t work. And now I have gone and read some updates on what’s happening (because it never occurred to me to do that before?!) And omg I am jealous of everyone that’s going to be in the capital tomorrow night. Which includes my boyfriend. I’ll probably have to give him a call and get him to “pick up” a few things for me…
Here is a list of things I would LOVE to go to:
- Burberry creative director Christopher Bailey and Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman will be hosting a drinks reception at the Burberry flagship store, where 300 invited guests will enjoy drinks before the doors open for a night of shopping, with a 10 per cent discount in aid of the Burberry Foundation
Hello 10% discount…
- Head to Moschino to pick up your limited edition Moschino t-shirt whilst you browse the latest collections.
(This will have to go on that list of errands I urgently need…)
- Paul & Joe has designed a strawberry Champagne cocktail for the occasion and, as if that wasn’t reason enough to visit, will also offer a goodie bag with exclusive products to all shoppers.
- Renowned Tarot reader Martha Thompson will be on hand at the Roger Vivier boutique with predictions for your future, your fortune and perhaps even your fashion.
(I am seriously majorly bummed about missing this one! Getting my fortune read has been on my list of New Year’s Resolutions and is like the only unfulfilled one!!)
- Check out supermodel Jourdan Dunn styling up her fans in Topshop between 8pm and 9pm. Champagne and live DJs promised, too.
(Would love to try and catch a glimpse of her tiny baby bump)
- Make sure you see the live Vogue shoot in Chanel on Bond Street between 7pm and 9pm – styled by Kate Phelan, shot by Jean Michel and with Luke Hersheson on hair and Kay Montano on make-up – it’ll be fashion history in the making.
Forwarding this post onto my boyfriend in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…
I had plans this Saturday (12th) to find a new wardrobe full of neutral, unoffensive colours for an internship over Fashion Week, but now I’ll be on the search for the Yves Saint Laurent manifesto for AW09. Last year Vogue posted a list of all the places in London the manifesto would be handed out, but no such luck this year. YSL have been handing out their manifesto twice a year since 2007, and this Saturday will see the arrival of the fifth manifesto starring Christy Turlington. Half a million eco-friendly of these booklets will be distributed on the streets of London, Paris, New York, Milan, Tokyo, Hong Kong and now Seoul. The first 2000 will receive a tote bag with their manifesto (which I want!), but the whole thing will be online to view as well.
Via High Snobette.